A key part of ITA’s mission is the growth and development of future industry leaders. Our member companies recognize the need to attract fresh talent and promote the growth and development of students studying textiles around the world.
From internships to mixers, our initiatives create opportunities for the long-term advancement of the industry through education and recruitment.
We rely on the support and financial generosity of our members and industry leaders to fund these efforts.
- The ITA Educational Foundation awards over $10,000 each year to students and schools that participate in its competitions.
- Each year, the ITA hosts an industry tour for students from schools across the country. The three-day tour gives them an inside look at the textile industry from concept to consumer through visits to textile mills, design studios, upholstery manufacturers and printing facilities.
- On average, the ITA Educational Foundation contributes over $20,000 per year in salary and stipends to interns working for our member companies.
- The ITA Educational Foundation sponsors the students that design our trend library in the Suites at Market Square.
- The cover design for each ITA Member Directory and Pocket Guide is designed by a student in a textile design program. The bi-annual cover competition typically receives more than 20 student submissions per contest. The winner and their school are recognized in print and receive a monetary award.
- The Virginia Jackson Design Competition was established in 1995 to recognize the most talented students in the field of textile design and creates a vehicle to bring new talent into the industry. The VJDC receives more than 50 submissions from students across the country in three categories: Jacquard, Dobby and Print.
- The Founders’ Scholarship was established in 2015 in honor of the founding members of the ITA. The first scholarship was awarded in 2016.