Young Textile Professionals
Our Mission is to bring together industry leaders to support textile evolution and sustainability while making an impact on our local communities. We strive to bridge young talent and tradition to develop the next generation of successful professionals through networking, hosting social and educational events, and coordinating community outreach opportunities.
- Create networking opportunities for textile professionals that are 40 and under.
- Create opportunities to partner with industry veterans (mentors) to develop knowledge and skills.
- Work with ITA and the Educational Foundation to recruit and provide support for young talent.
- Educate member companies on the importance of investing and developing the next generation of leadership for their companies and assist ITA with providing those resources.
- Help businesses understand how millennials are changing the markets.
Welcome to YTP’s “Texpert Connections”.
This series features industry veterans who want to share their expertise and experience with our young professionals. This is a way to evolve our networking and connect YPs with mentors from all areas of the industry. We wanted to also give YPs the power and flexibility to work with a mentor on their schedules. Here you can read each mentor’s profile, get a sense of which mentor would be a great fit, and contact them directly.
All have years of experience and great Texpert advice! We will also help to facilitate mentor/mentee relationships through social media and virtual events throughout the year.
Contact Katie Smarr and Katie Williams, email@example.com, for more information on mentors, upcoming events and getting connected!
Annica Adams Durka
Design Director of Woven Product at P/Kaufmann Fabrics
Sr. Business Development Manager – Home & Interiors, N. America at Lenzing Fibers
Upholstery Designer at TerMolst
Jana Platina Phipps
Founder of Home Couture Collection aka The Trim Queen
CEO of TSG Finishing
Amy Van Dorp
Executive Director of WithIt
Gum Tree Fabrics